Welcome to Dr Lincoln's blog

Welcome for visiting my blog. Hope you enjoy the visit and always welcome back again. Have a nice day!

2009-08-27

No need for a bill of rights in Australia

Comments on ABC report “Rights charter the triumph of elitism: Howard”, 27/08/2009, http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/08/27/2668011.htm?section=justin

I don't agree there should be a bill of rights. Australians have been quite content with what they have now, then why do we want an unnecessary bill that will put undue constraints to people? Some people really want to control other people and want to take away the rights of other people and that is a bad idea and should not be supported.

While I may not necessarily agree with some policies of the former Howard government, but I totally agree with Howard on the issue of the rights bill. I think he is right and those advocating for that bill in Australia are completely wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment